The GripStick Manual
Download PDF: [CLICK HERE]
Video: mounting your phone & extending the pole.
CONNECTING YOUR SMARTPHONE TO THE BLUETOOTH REMOTE (iOS & Android Only)
- Flip the switch on the side of the remote to ON. It will start flashing. This is pairing mode.
- On your iOS or Android device, go to Settings and turn Bluetooth ON.
- Click ‘Lifestyle Designs’ under Devices. Wait until it says Connected/Paired.
- Open the camera app. Click the camera button on the remote to take a photo or start/stop video recording.
* The zoom buttons are for Android only. (Android: click the settings icon in the camera app, go to Volume keys function: select Zoom for the +/- zoom buttons to work in photo mode, or Record Video for the shutter button to start/stop video.)
To Switch Phones: Turn the shutter power OFF then ON again, then pair with the new phone.
Hands-free Snapchat & Instagram for iPhone: Hold the + Zoom button to record video, or tap the camera button once to snap J
MOUNTING YOUR PHONE
- To mount the phone clamp: Hold the phone clamp on the mount screw. Twist the disc underneath to screw it on. Tighten it facing forward.
- Push your phone horizontally up and into the clamp. Pivot the head by loosening the side butterfly screw.
- To extend the stick, loosen the fittings by twisting one turn to the left, pulling out the pole, then tightening at the desired length.
*Careful: Pulling out the pole too violently may damage the product.
MOUNTING ON THE TRIPOD
- For easy mounting, first release the screw platform:
- Loosen the side screw under the mount platform, allowing you to press the side release button and slide out the mount platform.
- Twist your device/mount onto the screw. If it needs further tightening, use a coin to firmly tighten the screw from below.
- This also enables you to quickly take your device off the tripod without having to unscrew it.
*Careful: When you slide the platform back on, make sure you fasten the safety screw all the way to block the release button from being pressed.
- Screw in the included GoPro adapter to the ¼-inch thread on the selfie stick or the tripod. Insert your GoPro, in it’s housing.
- Then insert the included GoPro screw through the hole, and tighten it.
- The Flexible arms are great for gripping your Phone, GoPro or Digital Camera to a chair, railing, or pole.
- Using it as a stand for the Selfie Stick: best on a level surface and a wide base. It may take some adjusting to balance it straight - the bubble level can help. Remember it’s a mini tripod and it can fall over if not set up carefully. Not for heavy cameras.
- Stand and/or mount your devices at your own risk - we are not responsible if the stand or tripod falls over and your device breaks. Use the Grip+Stick combination any creative way you like, just please be aware of your surroundings, and use common sense :)